Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cottonelle - Cherry Talks about Bum Wipes

A perky bleached blonde has just landed in the U.S. from London and she excitedly states, "Hi, I'm Cherry and I'm here to talk about your bums."  Then, holding a roll of toilet paper and a box of adult wipes, she goes up to people to talk to them about using wipes.  An old guy tells her that he likes using them because they make him feel "ultimately clean," and Cherry asks a couple teens if they'd like to use them.  The camera shows them walking off to the airport bathroom to use them and they come to report that they're "awesome."



I get that personal hygiene commercial ideas can be a tough hurtle and that coming up with commercials for wipes for adults may be difficult, but this?  Is this really where we're at, Cottonelle?  You've brought in someone from across the pond to harass people about ass wipes in an airport?  On a positive note, this commercial has taught me a few important things:  first, Cottonelle has found the bottom of the barrel; second, people with British accents aren't always charming as I earlier thought; and, third, not only do we have to make sure to avoid the weirdos hanging around handing out pamphlets, but we also have to keep a look out for the wipe-pushing-Brits.  Someone hand me a baby wipe, Cottonelle got crap all over my TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment